TPC Group is not only a business in the neighborhood, but also a vital member of the community. For more than half a century, we have made a commitment to community. Our commitment is to operating safely, in an environmentally sound manner and to making a positive difference to enrich the lives of those who live, work and do business in the communities where we have operations.
We operate with a fundamental belief that connecting with our community helps facilitate our goal of being a good neighbor and maintaining transparency in our actions and communications. We know that we must be accountable to our neighbors for how we do business and conduct our operations. But it goes beyond operating in a safe and environmentally sound manner, it’s about actively participating in what makes communities thrive.
We Make A Difference
Our Company understands and supports the importance of efforts being made every day to enrich the quality of life for our employees, community and our neighbors.
Our community investment initiatives are intended to positively impact the areas in which we operate -- make them better, safer and healthier places to live and work through effective contributions of resources. We welcome and invite opportunities to support and form partnerships with not-for-profit organizations that share a mission to make an impact in key focus areas aligned with the Company’s outreach strategy.
The key focus areas are:
» Health/Human Services
Each year, we receive hundreds of applications and requests for funding. Typically, requests that meet our mission and geographic focus (detailed below) are most likely to receive full or partial support. Unfortunately, matching the allocation of available resources to the volume of requests submitted does not permit our support of every request.
Donation and sponsorship requests to TPC Group that meet the following criteria will be given priority consideration:
· Associations, organizations and special events in geographic areas where TPC Group operates
· Associations, organizations and special events that are supported by TPC Group employees through volunteer efforts and financial contributions
· Associations and organizations that qualify under Sections 501(c) 3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
· Associations and organizations cannot be political or religious in nature
Requests for funding must be submitted online, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing and mailed to:
TPC Group - Corporate Communications
One Allen Center
500 Dallas Street, Suite 1000
Houston, Texas 77002
Our desire to be part of what makes a community thrive and give back in ways that reflect the elements of our culture is highlighted in several notable initiatives.
- College Scholarships. Our Mark of Excellence Scholarship Program, initiated in 2006, has awarded more than $820,000 in academic scholarships providing educational assistance to graduating seniors who go on to receive two and four-year degrees.
- Charity Golf Tournament. In partnership with our valued business partners, our Company raises money for not-for-profit organizations that create the fabric of community. Our Annual Charity Golf Tournament has raised more than $1 million for more than 30 not-for-profit organizations across southeast Texas since 2006. Not-for-profits across southeast Texas are encouraged to apply for funding and be considered as a beneficiary of this annual event. Apply online for 2020.
- United Way Campaigns. Every year our employees find a way to have a lot of fun while raising money for the United Way. Through candy gram sales, friendly cook-off competitions and raffle packages, employees challenge each other for a good cause. Since 1994, more than $1 million has gone right back into the communities where we operate.
- Community Day. One Day is when employees and family members come together to lend a helping hand on one day with to two selected organizations and help make a difference. One Day is our Company, our people and our community - one day, All for One!
Our culture of giving is underscored by how employees are supported for their personal efforts to give back to the community. Eligible employees can apply for one or more of the following:
- Matching Gifts Program. Contributions to qualified 501(c) 3 organizations are matched dollar-for-dollar, up to $250 per employee per calendar year.
- Volunteer Paid Day. An employee that volunteers 12 or more hours to a non-profit organization with a 501 (c)(3) or its U.S. equivalent, independent from Company-sponsored volunteer events that occur during business hours, will receive one floating holiday.
- Employee Lottery. Employees who donate a large amount of time or hold a position on a board or committee of a not-for-profit organization, are eligible to receive funds for the organization, from TPC Group and on behalf of the employee. The Employee Lottery is held two times per year.