TPC Group COVID-19 Update and Response Plan
(as of Wednesday, April 1, 2020)
TPC Group continues to closely monitor information concerning coronavirus (COVID-19) and follow the guidance and expertise of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). First and foremost, the health and safety of our employees, the communities and those with whom we do business is a priority.
The Company has taken steps to respond to mounting concerns of the threat of the coronavirus and implement measures to help protect, prevent and contain the spread of the virus both in the workplace, and in our communities. This includes an internal COVID-19 task force, which was assembled to actively monitor the progression of the outbreak and enact specific requirements and restrictions to minimize the impact of a potential outbreak at TPC Group.
- Mandatory remote work practices for employees who can fulfill their role from home
- Suspension of all business-related travel
These precautionary and protective measures are aimed at protecting against the community spread of COVID-19. Additionally, TPC Group’s plant operations are deemed a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the guidelines for essential critical infrastructure set forth by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). This qualifies plant operators for an exemption from the “Stay at Home” orders issued related to COVID-19.
Our continued commitment to the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighboring communities are demonstrated by the Company through the enhanced measures implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19 that include:
- Enacted social distancing requirements at plant sites
- Suspended unauthorized visitors and non-essential deliveries to the plants
- Mandated temperature scans for all on-site personnel, including contractors and authorized visitors
- Confined access to certain locations at the plant site(s) to reduce congregating of people
- Restricted access to common areas for essential personnel only
- Deployed additional janitorial support
- Limited face-to-face meetings
- Posted hand washing and hygiene reminders in various locations at the plant
- Set up disinfectant stations in all common areas at the plant(s)
- Contracted with third-party Occupational Health company to support employee health reporting & concerns
- Obtained additional units of sanitizing hand gel
In addition, TPC Group operations provide products essential to the production of many key consumer products necessary to address several societal needs in response to COVID-19. The products produced by TPC Group, go into plastics and latex products used by consumers, food service and health care systems. In addition, the Company’s products impact the derivative production of products used in food packaging and food preservation as well as many products used in protecting first responders, health care workers and medical patients.